And the finalists are….
CleanTech OC, the Orange County, Calif., clean technology trade association, has announced the finalists for its Cleantech Company of the Year Award. Five companies – Amonix, FlexEnergy, T3 Motion, M2 Renewables and Phoenix Energy Technologies – are vying to follow in the footsteps of Quantum Technologies, a provider of alternative and renewable energy technology solutions that won the award last year.
- Amonix, based in Seal Beach, is a designer and manufacturer of concentrated photovoltaic commercial (CPC) solar power systems. The company has been in business for 21 years, with 16 years of concentrated photovoltaic experience.
- FlexEnergy, an Irvine-based company that manufactures a modular system that converts methane sources into electricitywith very low emissions.
- T3, in Irvine, produces zero-emissions, all-electrical vehicles called the T3 series.
- M2 Renewables of Lake Forest specializes in the treatment of domestic wastewater and the conversion of captured organic solids into usable forms of energy.
- And, lastly, Irvine-based Phoenix Energy Technologies has developed a web-based platform to increase building efficiency and decrease costs to meet sustainable energy goals.
The winner of the award will be announced during the CleanTech OC 2011 Conference and Expo on September 12.