Here at EarthTechling we spend a lot of time pouring through news feeds looking for interesting cleantech news items to highlight for you. We don’t get to all of it, just owing to the fact of the sheer volume of all the great stuff going on across renewable energy, green cars, green gadgets and more.
To that end we are going to kick off a mostly daily feature called Cleantech News Footnotes, which highlights in a few short bullet points interesting cleantech news stories worth your time to read. Here is today’s Cleantech News Footnotes for July 25, 2011.
- CNN: Former hippy speeds into new energy age – Dale Vince, CEO of UK clean energy company Ecotricity, shows off his wind powered Nemesis electric car.
- Fast Company: Infographic: How China’s Clean Tech Industry Crushes The U.S. – Basically, a pretty graphic about why China is beating the United States hands down in cleantech investments and development.
- Politico: Gingrich invested in renewable energy and tech – Love him or hate him, Newt Gingrich seems to have a thing for making decent size investments in cleantech ventures.
- Los Angeles Times: Gov. Brown pushes renewable energy goal at UCLA conference – California’s governor loves clean energy, and is exploring with others how to make it happen in his state.
- CNN/Money: New York City’s solar power push – The Big Apple wants lots of its energy to come from solar power, and has the rooftops to do it.